Welcome To The Help Center
If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or higher, and you are downloading SPDF files, please go to step 2. If you have already installed the FileOpen plug-in, or are downloading non-SPDF files, please go to step 3.
1. If not already installed, download and install the current free edition of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Download the free Adobe-approved FileOpen plug-in for Acrobat Reader.
3. Click on the My Account button in the top right of your screen, and select My Downloads.
* If you are not already signed in to your Techstreet account, you will be prompted for your username and password. Once signed in you will be taken to your download page.
4. Click on the DOWNLOAD button associated with your file.5. Select the option to SAVE your file.
* Please do not rename your file, as this may cause irreparable damage to your download.
FOR SPDFs ONLY: After you have downloaded your file, you must be connected to the Internet to open it the first time. When you open your SPDF file, it locks to your computer.
NOTE: FileOpen is compatible with the following versions of Acrobat:
Windows: Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or later
Mac: Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or later
Linux: Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat 7.x or 8.x
All of our standards are available in PDF (Portable Document Format), an electronic, downloadable format. You can download these files directly from your ASME Standards Library account.
If you have upgraded to Adobe Reader 11, and are having problems reading FileOpen encrypted files, you will need to install the latest FileOpen plugin from the FileOpen site.
Step 1: We advise that you un-install the old version first.
Step 2: Install the latest FileOpen plugin.
If you are unable to read PDFs using the FileOpen plugin in the Google Chrome browser, this is easy to resolve.
Google Chrome no longer supports Adobe Acrobat for reading PDFs in the browser. Instead, you can update the Site Settings in Google Chrome so that PDFs are downloaded to your desktop, where you can open them using an Adobe Acrobat program.
To update your Site Settings:
1. Click on the menu option (3 vertical dots) in the upper right hand corner of the browser screen
2. Once the menu loads select the “Settings” option
3. On the left hand-side select “Privacy and Security”, to navigate you to that section on the screen
4. Select “Site Settings”
5. Scroll past the sub-header “Content” and click “Additional content settings”
6. Click on “PDF documents”
7. Select the default behavior to be “Download PDFs”
Once you have made this change, you will be able to download Techstreet PDFs using Google Chrome using Adobe Acrobat and the FileOpen plugin.
You can check your order status under My Account. You must be logged in to your Techstreet account to access this area of the Techstreet site. Once you are logged in, click on the My Account button and select My Orders to check the status of your outstanding order(s).
Purchases of downloadable documents, CDs, Subscription services, database access, special order items, and age-dated materials are final and cannot be returned for refund or credit.
Any sealed products that have been opened or tampered with cannot be returned for refund or credit.